Fruit guacamole is one of the easiest and most refreshing summer dips which is made of mashed avocados combined with sweet & citrus fruits. With this new twist, tropical fruits meet traditional avocado dip in this delicious fruit guacamole!
It doesn’t require any cooking and can be prepared within minutes. I have used it on many occasions for hosting friends and family, and it has always been received positively by everyone.
Avocado has gained widespread popularity as a superfood due to its numerous health benefits. Its consumption has increased significantly and even started gaining prominence in newer markets in Asia.
Main ingredients of fruit guacamole
- Avocado – the main ingredient of the dip, it’s always best to choose ripe avocados for the best taste and creamy texture. Look for avocados that have a slight give (not to hard and not too soft). If the avocados are hard, you can leave them in sunlight to ripen them quickly.
- Fruits – sweet, citrus and juicy fruits go really well in this guacamole. I have added mangoes, apples and pomegranate. Other fruits like pineapple, berries etc also go well with this recipe.
- Onions & Garlic – add some bite and sharpness to the dip. Onions also add an extra crunch and chunkiness.
- Jalapeño – for some spice. You can also add serrano peppers or habanero for a more spicy version.
- Cilantro – adds freshness to the guacamole. I have also added some mint as that goes really well with the fruits. The first time I had this recipe in a restaurant, they had used Thai basil in the guacamole, however I didn’t have that available so I substituted with cilantro and mint.
- Lime – lime juice adds tanginess to the guacamole. You can use lemon juice or some vinegar instead as well.
Is fruit guacamole healthy?
If you want to eat healthy avocado is always a great option. It is loaded with healthy monounsaturated fats and minimal carbohydrate content, and is believed to boost heart and brain health.
The addition of healthy citrus fruits boosts the nutrition of this dish, by adding important minerals, vitamins and fiber to the dip.
What to serve fruit guacamole with?
You can serve this guacamole as a dip with some tortilla chips or veggie sticks. For a healthier version you can use baked chips, or vegetable chips. You can also use it as a topping for tacos, nachos or burritos.
My love for this guacamole comes from its easy utility into elevating different types of food items like getting it to be part of salad, or adding it to sandwiches and burgers, or simply serving it as a dip. Fruit guacamole blends very well with many recipes.
To make fruit guacamole at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
- Guacamole – avocado dip
- Mango Salsa – mango & bell pepper salsa
- Salsa Roja Asada – roasted red tomato salsa
- Salsa Verde – green tomato salsa
- Pico De Gallo – fresh onion tomato salsa
- Mexican Salad – Mexican style beans & corn salad
Fruit Guacamole Recipe
Ingredients For Fruit Guacamole Recipe
- 3 Avocados
- 1/2 Cup Coriander Leaves (Cilantro or Dhaniya)
- 1/4 Cup Mint Leaves (Pudina)
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Jalapeño
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Onions chopped
- 1/2 Cup Mangoes chopped
- 1/2 Cup Apples chopped
- 1/4 Cup Pomegranate Seeds (Anaar)
Step By Step Instructions for Fruit Guacamole Recipe
- Remove the peel and pit of the avocados. Roughly dice them and add them to a blender.3 Avocados
- Then add cilantro and mint leaves to the blender.1/2 Cup Coriander Leaves (Cilantro or Dhaniya), 1/4 Cup Mint Leaves (Pudina)
- Add garlic cloves and chopped jalapeños.4 Garlic Cloves, 1 Jalapeño
- Drizzle some lime juice and add salt as your taste.1 Tablespoon Lime Juice, 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Blend once roughy to get a chunky consistency.
- The add some water and pumpkin seeds to provide some body to the salsa. Adding the pumpkin seeds is optional.1/4 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
- Blend all the ingredients together to make a smooth paste.
- Then transfer the guacamole to a bowl and add some finely chopped onions.1/2 Cup Onions
- Add chopped mangoes and apple or any other fruits of your choice. Mix well.1/2 Cup Mangoes, 1/2 Cup Apples
- Fruit guacamole is ready. Sprinkle some pomegranate on top for a vibrant color and serve.1/4 Cup Pomegranate Seeds (Anaar)
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.