Guacamole is a dip made from fresh ripe avocados along with finely chopped onion, tomato, cilantro, lime juice and spices.
This dip is very light and fresh and has an amazingly smooth & creamy texture. You can keep either blend the avocados in a food processor or mash the them coarsely with a fork for a chunky consistency.
Guacamole is widely used as an accompaniment with various Mexican snacks & dishes like tortilla chips, tacos, wraps, burritos and is now gaining popularity as a spread in burgers and sandwiches.
The dip should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and consumed within 1-2 days.
Avocados are prone to quick browning when exposed to the air. Lime juice can be added to guacamole to prevent this.
To make Guacamole dip at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
- Salsa Roja Asada – roasted red tomato salsa
- Salsa Verde – green tomato salsa
- Pico De Gallo – fresh onion tomato salsa
- Mango Salsa – mango & bell pepper salsa
- Mexican Salad – Mexican style beans & corn salad
Guacamole Dip Recipe
Ingredients For Guacamole Dip Recipe
- 2-3 Ripe Avocados
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Small Onion
- 3-4 Sprigs Cilantro Leaves (Coriander)
- 2 Teaspoon Lime Juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste
Step By Step Instructions for Guacamole Dip Recipe
- Peel and scoop avocados and puree the pulp in a blender or food processor.2-3 Ripe Avocados
- Add water to adjust the consistency. If you want a chunkier dip with avocado pieces, you can mash the pulp coarsely with a fork.
- Chop the onions and tomatoes finely and add them to the avocados.1 Small Onion, 1 Tomato
- Also add lime juice, black pepper powder, red chilli powder, garlic powder and salt or to taste.2 Teaspoon Lime Juice, 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder, 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder, 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder, 1/2 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- Add finely chopped cilantro/coriander leaves. Mix all the ingredients together.3-4 Sprigs Cilantro Leaves (Coriander)
- Guacamole dip is ready. Refrigerate for half an hour before serving and store in an airtight container.
Before You Go...
Don't forget to Pin this post to save it for later. You can also Subscribe to our mailing list or follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or Twitter to see more delicious food recipes.
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.