Besan Ladoo is an Indian sweet prepared using roasted besan (gram flour), sugar and dry fruits. The are bound together using ghee (clarified butter) and shaped into small balls.
Besan Laddus are often served as part of festive or religious occasions and are also offered as prasad in temples. These ladoos are an integral part of the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi as it is believed that Lord Ganesha loves to eat Ladoos. They are also enjoyed during other festivals like Diwali, Holi etc.
These ladoos are traditionally made using boora which is a special type of coarse sugar powder and is available in most Indian stores. This gives a nice texture to the ladoos and they taste better.
The ladoos taste even better during winters and are loved by kids. To make them healthier you can add various dry fruits like cashews, almonds, pistachios, raisins etc.
Besan Ladoos have good shelf life. You can store them in an airtight container for upto a month.
To make Besan Ladoos at home follow the detailed step by step recipe posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Suggested recipe collections :
- Rajasthani Food | 16 Authentic Veg Rajasthani Recipes
- Best Holi Recipes | Holi Special Sweet, Snacks, Drinks
Besan Ladoo Recipe | Besan Laddu
Ingredients For Besan Ladoo Recipe | Besan Laddu
- 4 Cup Besan (Gram Flour)
- 2 Cup Powdered Sugar or Boora
- 1 Cup Desi Ghee
- 1/2 Cup Grated Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Grated Cashews
- 1/2 Cup Grated Raisins (Kishmish)
Step By Step Instructions for Besan Ladoo Recipe | Besan Laddu
- Take a heavy bottomed pan or kadhai and add besan to it.4 Cup Besan (Gram Flour)
- Add desi ghee and stir continuously while cooking on low heat.1 Cup Desi Ghee
- Roast the besan till the color of the besan has changed and it starts to release ghee.
- When the besan is roasted switch off the heat and set it aside to cool. Do not leave the pan on the stove otherwise the besan will keep getting cooked further.
- When the besan has cooled down slightly add the dry fruits and sugar. Do not add the sugar when the besan is too hot otherwise it will melt and make the mixture too loose to shape into balls. The besan should be just slightly hot so that the sugar mixes properly.2 Cup Powdered Sugar or Boora, 1/2 Cup Grated Almonds, 1/2 Cup Grated Cashews, 1/2 Cup Grated Raisins (Kishmish)
- Shape the ladoos into small lemon sized balls. Besan Ladoos are ready.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.