Bread Poha or Bread Chivda is a made by cooking bread in a spicy & tangy onion tomato masala flavored with various spices.
Bread poha is a very easy and filling recipe that can be made in just a few minutes when in a hurry. It is loved by kids & adults alike.
Poha is a very popular dish in North India. It is made by tossing rice flakes in onions, tomatoes and spices & topped with lemon juice for tanginess.
This bread poha recipe is adapted from poha, by substituting rice flakes with bread cubes. The bread soaks up the masala and spices and tastes really delicious.
Bread poha is a dish that will definitely be loved by anyone who is fond of spicy food. The tanginess from lime and crunchiness from peanuts and sev take this dish to a whole other level.
Bread poha is a great way to use those leftover slices of bread. It’s the perfect dish for a quick delicious breakfast or an evening tea time snack.
To make Bread Poha at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Bread Poha Recipe | Bread Chivda
Ingredients For Bread Poha Recipe | Bread Chivda
- 6 Slices of Bread
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chaat Masala
- 1 Teaspoon Pav Bhaji Masala
- 1 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
Step By Step Instructions for Bread Poha Recipe | Bread Chivda
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and roast them.1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- When the cumin seeds have started crackling, add chopped onion. Wait for the onions to turn soft and golden brown in color.1 Onion, finely chopped
- Then add chopped tomatoes. Let the tomatoes cook for a minute and then add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, chaat masala, pav bhaji masala and salt to taste.2 Tomatoes, finely chopped, 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder, 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder, 1/2 Teaspoon Chaat Masala, 1 Teaspoon Pav Bhaji Masala, 1 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- Cut the bread slices into small squares. Add them to the onion tomato tempering.6 Slices of Bread
- Mix well to coat all the bread pieces completely with the masala.
- Sprinkle some lemon juice and serve hot. You can also add some bhujia sev on the top for a little extra flavor and crunchiness.1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
Before You Go...
Don't forget to Pin this post to save it for later. You can also Subscribe to our mailing list or follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or Twitter to see more delicious food recipes.
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.