Tomato spinach soup or tamatar palak ka soup is a nutritious and delicious Indian style soup made from fresh spinach and tomatoes.
The soup is quite popular in winters when fresh and tender spinach is available and is a nice variation to the more popular tomato soup.
Delicious & chock-full of health!
This recipe for tamatar palak ka soup is a homely recipe which is not only easy & quick to make, but is also very healthy and nutritious. You can skip adding the butter/cream at the end to make it healthier.
The tanginess of tomatoes coupled with the nutritional benefits and minerals in spinach gives this soup a distinct edge. Apart from its tangy taste, the soup also comes handy for people who are recuperating or convalescing.
Tomato spinach soup is great as a starter or as an appetizer dish and is generally served hot. It tastes great with a little bit of butter added just before serving. You can also serve with croutons or breadsticks for a little added crispiness.
To make tomato spinach soup at home, follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Suggested recipe collections :
Tomato Spinach Soup Recipe | Tamatar Palak Ka Soup
Ingredients For Tomato Spinach Soup Recipe | Tamatar Palak Ka Soup
- 200 gm Spinach Leaves (Palak)
- 6-7 Medium Size Tomatoes
- 4-5 Cloves Garlic
- 1.5 Inch Piece of Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Roasted Cumin Powder (Bhuna Jeera Powder)
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
Step By Step Instructions for Tomato Spinach Soup Recipe | Tamatar Palak Ka Soup
- Wash and drain spinach leaves and add them in a pressure cooker or pan.200 gm Spinach Leaves (Palak)
- Coarsely cut the tomatoes and add them to the cooker along with 1/4 cup of water.6-7 Medium Size Tomatoes
- Add some chopped ginger and garlic cloves along with some salt & black pepper powder.4-5 Cloves Garlic, 1.5 Inch Piece of Ginger, 1/2 Teaspoon Salt, 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch)
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook for 3-4 minutes till you get 1 whistle. If cooking in a saucepan, cook for 5 minutes after getting the first boil.
- Let the mixture cool down. Then grind with a hand blender or in a food processor.
- Pass the mixture through a strainer to filter out any rind or chunks.
- Add the soup to a pan along with 2 cups water. Adjust water according to desired consistency. Add some roasted cumin powder and adjust the quantity of salt and pepper if needed.1/2 Teaspoon Roasted Cumin Powder (Bhuna Jeera Powder)
- Bring the soup to a boil and let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Tomato spinach soup is ready. Serve it hot along with 1/4 tablespoon of butter or fresh cream on top.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.