Blueberry Lemonade is a light and refreshing homemade lemonade flavored with fresh blueberries. It is a perfect and quick summer time drink.
The citrus and sweet taste of blueberries and sour taste of lemon make for a perfect sweet and tart blend that will help to quench your thirst on a hot day.
Blueberries also boost the nutritional value of this drink and make it healthier. While both Lemon and Blueberries are good sources of Vitamin C, Blueberries are counted among the foods that have the most nutrients per calorie.
Make sure to choose ripe blueberries for this recipe. If the blueberries are sweeter you can cut down on the amount of sugar added in the recipe.
To make Blueberry Lemonade at home follow the detailed step by step recipe posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Blueberry Lemonade Recipe
Ingredients For Blueberry Lemonade Recipe
- 1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 5 Cups Water
Step By Step Instructions for Blueberry Lemonade Recipe
- Wash the blueberries and add them to a pan.1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- Add sugar to the blueberries.1/3 Cup Sugar
- Add 1 cup water to the pan and bring it to a boil.
- Cook the blueberries in the water for 5 minutes till they start to burst.
- Mash the blueberries to a fine pulp using a masher.
- Use a large sieve to strain the mixture into a bowl. Press the pulp to release as much juice as possible.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemons and add it to the blueberry-sugar syrup.1/2 Cup Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
- Add cold water to the mixture. Blueberry Lemonade is ready. Serve it chilled.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.