Singhare Ke Pakore are made by deep frying a mixture of Singhare Ka Atta (Water Chestnut Flour) and boiled spiced potatoes.
Singhara, also known as Water Caltrop or Water Chestnut is an aquatic fruit that is eaten raw, boiled or as flour. It is very nutritious and highly rich in protein and calcium.
Since this flour is made from a fruit it is widely used as a substitute for flour in preparing various dishes during vrats (fasts) & festivals.
To make Singhare Ke Pakore at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
See more related recipes like:
Suggested recipe collections :
Singhare Ke Pakore Recipe
Ingredients For Singhare Ke Pakore Recipe
- 1 Cup Singhare Ka Atta (Water Chestnut Flour)
- 4-5 Medium Sized Potatoes
- 1 Cup Coriander Leaves (Cilantro or Dhaniya)
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch)
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Cup Cooking Oil
Step By Step Instructions for Singhare Ke Pakore Recipe
- Boil the potatoes. Wait till they have cooled down, then mash them coarsely.4-5 Medium Sized Potatoes
- Finely chop the green chillies.2 Green Chillies
- Mix singhare ka atta along with 1/2 cup of water in a bowl. Add the green chillies, salt, black pepper powder and cumin seeds.1 Cup Singhare Ka Atta (Water Chestnut Flour), 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch), 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- Also add finely chopped coriander leaves.1 Cup Coriander Leaves (Cilantro or Dhaniya)
- Mix all the ingredients and knead the mixture into a dough. Divide the dough into small equal portions.
- Heat oil in a pan or kadai. Test the oil by dropping a very small piece of the dough into the oil. If it comes up the oil is hot. Now add the dumplings into the oil and cook them on medium heat till they turn golden brown.
- Take the dumplings out when they are cooked and place then on absorbent paper to drain the oil.
- Singhare ke pakore are ready. Serve them hot with coriander chutney.
Before You Go...
We'd love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.